Earlier this year I wrote a blog post called . . .
It has been read by 2,763 people so far!
I think I know why this has become one of my most read blog posts.
Teenage boys love marijuana. And, most parents are not happy about it at all.
This may not come as a surprise to you. I know I did not have to look up any research studies to reach this conclusion.
It is concerning on many levels, but have you ever stopped to consider why pot is so attractive to teens?
Here are a few of my thoughts.
- It is an “easy” way to escape the stress and problems of life
- It is easy to get and many of their friends are smoking
- It is perceived as harmless, all natural and a good alternative to other drugs
- They are bored and smoking makes life more “interesting”
- It is a great way to make friends and feel accepted
- Besides, it’s going to be legal soon anyways!
You have to love teenage logic right!?
Of course there are many risks for teens smoking pot. It doesn’t help that they don’t want to listen to parents or authority figures.
They have solid information from the internet that says it’s OK. Yikes!
There is so much more that I could share on this subject, but I want to keep this post brief.
I want to encourage you to check out this blog post, even if you are fairly certain your son would never smoke pot.
It’s never a bad idea to be prepared!
Forward it to a friend who you think would be interested.