Most of the time it is a fantastic and socially appropriate way to deal with life.
We all know that life can be tough and parenting provides daily challenges, especially in the teen years.
Note: I am a father to two girls so occasionally I am required to wear bows, play with dolls and get my fingernails painted.
Give some thought today to how you can use humor as a coping skill. Your family will thank you! Here are a couple of things that I do to deal with stress and make every effort to enjoy my life.
- Make a joke to lighten the mood and/or defuse an argument
- Watch or listen to stand up comedy
- Read comic strips, especially Zits
- Play harmless pranks on my family members
- Share random and hilarious things on Facebook
- Tickle my kids when they are grumpy
- Employ strategic sarcasm (must use wisely)
- The occasional silly dance, guaranteed to relieve stress
- Take goofy photos and selfies
- Basically anything I can do to not take myself and my life so seriously
How do you use humor to deal with life and parenting? Click on the social media buttons below to share your thoughts.