However, there are many teenagers who need positive and supportive foster and adoptive families.
In my practice, I work with children and teens in the foster care system as well as adoptive families.
There are, of course, many challenges and many joys.
I found this list on a poster in a local adoption agency. I thought it was great and worth sharing with you.
Top 10 Reasons to Adopt a Teen
- No formula, diapers, bottles or burp rags required
- They sleep through the night
- They will be ready to move out sooner
- They can program your smartphone
- They will keep you up to date with the latest fashion trends
- They can drive you places when they get their permit
- You don’t just get a child, you get a friend
- They can pick up after themselves and do their own laundry
- They will teach you how to be more patient, understanding and empathic
- They need someone to share life dreams, achievements and holidays with
Photo credit: SCA Svenska Cellulosa Aktiebolaget