You’re not crazy, you’re just parenting a teenage boy.
If you are you worried about your teenage son and have run out of ideas and solutions, as a teen and family counselor, I can help.
Your son may be:
- Struggling in school and lacking motivation
- Making poor choices and seeming to lose his way in life
- Hanging out with the wrong kids
- Experimenting with drugs and alcohol
- Becoming increasingly distant, withdrawn and irritable
- Fighting, arguing and causing tension in the family
- Anxious, depressed or stressed
If your son is going through any of these things, you’re probably worried that you are running out of time to help him. You wonder if your relationship will ever be calm, enjoyable and close. You feel frustrated and sometimes just plain hopeless.
Raising teenage boys can be a tough job.
They can often be surly, which is a fancy word for bad-tempered and unfriendly.
It is hard to know if you are doing things right with your adolescent son. Sometimes you feel like you’re really blowing it. You lose your patience, you stress and worry, and often end up angry. Sometimes you feel completely ineffective as a parent.
I want you to know you are not alone.
There is hope.
I can help your teenager and your family.
How will your teenager benefit from counseling?
95% of the time teenagers are greatly relieved after our first session.
Teenage boys usually think that counseling will be boring or just plain torture. They can sometimes be anxious and maybe even afraid. Often they are angry and refuse to even come to the first session.
However, after I crack a few jokes, they start to relax. They soon realize that I am going to treat them with respect, help them reach their goals and not force them to do or say anything they don’t want to.
One boy said to me in a therapy session, “I came in planning on being totally mute, but you opened me up like a book.”
I provide a safe and fun environment that will allow your son to learn and grow.
Here is how individual counseling and my groups for teen boys can help your son:
- Increase his self-esteem and confidence
- Discover practical skills to deal with his difficult emotions
- Improve his communication with family and friends
- Increase his ability to make positive life choices
- Live with more purpose and motivation
- Become more cooperative and responsible at home
You can become confident that you are on the right track with your adolescent son.
I will help your family move from chaos to calm.
Whether you take advantage of parent coaching or my online resources you can expect to get outstanding support and guidance in raising a successful, empowered young man.
I will show you solid strategies that can help you improve your communication with your son as you become closer to him. You will become more effective at providing discipline and find ways to set boundaries that your son will be able to respect.
As a parent, coaching can help you feel:
- More hopeful, encouraged and relaxed
- Empowered with setting appropriate boundaries
- Able to build a connected and deeper relationship with your son
- More in control and confident about your parenting
- Able to sleep easier and worry less about him
- Relieved that you have your family back on track
How can you be sure that I am the right therapist to support you and your son?
Here are three things that make me a unique counselor for teenagers and families:
- I was that troubled teenager that I talk about. Read my story HERE.
- I am a parent with two kids. I practice everything that I teach with great results.
- I am the therapist that I wish I had as a teenager. Young, easy to talk to and maybe even cool.
- I have 14 years of experience successfully counseling youth and families.
Ok, that was four reasons!
However, I don’t want you to just take my word for it.
Listen to what some of my past clients have to say:
My son has seen a number of counselors over the past 4 or 5 years. He has never connected much with any of them until now. Uriah Guilford is young, experienced and has a natural ability connecting with young people, especially with teenagers. This has been hard to find and is very unique. My son often went into his counseling sessions angry, frustrated and depressed but he always came out in a better place. He has been more pleasant at home, easier to talk to and more helpful. – Santa Rosa Mother, 16 year old boy
My son looked forward to meeting with Uriah, which was a great thing because he really didn’t want to go to therapy at first. Uriah was able to get him to open up and talk which is something he doesn’t do at home. I would highly recommend Uriah to any family struggling with teenage boy issues. He can relate well with boys and is very approachable as an adult. – Santa Rosa Mother, 17 year old boy
Ok, here is what you can do next:
1. Download my FREE report, “Where did my sweet boy go? The #1 thing you need to know about his prickly attitude”
2. Visit the Guilford Family Counseling website to schedule your free consultation to see how counseling can help.